Responsible for researching and driving specific machine learning projects for OZK Labs. Identifies, experiments, builds, deploys, and maintains machine learning models working with data engineers, software engineers, and subject matter experts with business teams. The resulting machine learning models will be either applied as product features for various customer-facing applications or integrated to various products or processes for internal employees. Must be based in St. Petersburg area and be able to report to OZK Labs at 100 5th St S, St Petersburg, Florida 33701.
Essential Job Functions:
- Explores business use cases and data eligibility, developing ML models and cloud web services that incorporate machine learning algorithms into prediction, recommendation, classification, and similar use cases for FinTech or banking industry.
- Identifies and optimizes appropriate business problems with machine learning solutions from end-to-end. Quantifies and explains the business value associated with ML model result.
- Implements machine learning models using TensorFlow in Python, or equivalent tools.
- Designs, codes, trains, tests, deploys and iterates on large-scale machine learning systems.
- Works extensively with data engineers to acquire and enrich structured and unstructured data.
- Operationalizes cutting edge statistical and ML models deployed to production with real-time analytics, and optimizes ML solutions for performance and scalability.
- Educates other staff on the steps of ML problems or implication of results, and helps shape the direction of machine learning and artificial intelligence at the Labs.
- Writes clean, interpretable, and accessible code.
- Builds effective products and experiences for external and internal customers, while working alongside various cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Product, DevOps, and business teams.
- Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in the performance of essential job functions.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Follows Bank policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or related field, or commensurate work experience, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of data science, machine learning, or software engineering experience required.
- Prior experience in implementing machine learning models and solving real world problems required.
- Prior experience working in Python and machine learning tools like TensorFlow, or equivalent tools, required.
- Prior experience running new ML ideas, as proven by publications, patents or open-source projects, highly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL, data warehousing concepts, and big data tools
Bank OZK is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. Member FDIC.
In order to be considered as an applicant for employment, you must successfully apply on-line at: www.ozk.com/careers