As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Solutions Product Development team is a part of Visas Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visas Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products provide data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and business to business payments solutions.
As a Sr. Director, you will build, manage and lead a world-class team of software development engineers to develop, maintain and support Visas Business Solutions products. This includes implementing processes that enable the team to function with a high degree of efficiency and to effectively collaborate with Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Cybersecurity staff, Operations Managers and other Technology staff across the company.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers responsible for end to end software development of complex Business Solutions products with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product owners in developing and maintaining a strategy and road map to deliver capabilities in support of business objectives
- Work closely with and lead architects and engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for developing product features
- Instill best practices for software development processes to ensure designs meet requirements and delivery of high-quality work within tight timelines
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Assign, forecast and track team members against development deliverables, schedules and budget
- Hire and retain high quality technology talent to ensure a high performance development team with a culture of innovation
- Set performance goals for staff, track progress and provide feedback to staff on their performance
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Collaborate and evaluate new ideas with business partners
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in software development with at least 5 years of experience in a management role.
- Proven successful hands-on experience in managing the development and implementation of large-scale enterprise web application software and data processing solutions with such technologies as Java, Hadoop big data technologies, No SQL databases, RDMS products including DB2, Web Services and related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL, JSON, Rest etc.), Spring, Hibernate and related open source frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and manage agile, scrum-based technology teams distributed across multiple geographical locations
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support organizational plans.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs. Strong business and technical vision.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience with payments processing systems is desirable
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Number: REF16966O