This role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer is an experienced data pipeline and data source builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, dbas, business analytics managers, and other analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Education / Experience:
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role,
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- They should also have an experience or the ability to pick up and use the following software/tools:Tableau experience preferred
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc
· Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in English in order to communicate with colleagues and customers in person and on the phone. Regular walking, standing and sitting. Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment. The ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
Work Schedule and Travel Requirements:
· Typical Monday through Friday schedule, 40 hours/week. Minimal travel requirements.
Company DescriptionFueled by thousands of talented individuals, the Creative Channel Group is a leading marketing agency that specializes in creating inspired shopper experiences by connecting global brands, retailers and consumers at the critical moments of recommendation and purchase. Since 1995, Creative Channel has achieved phenomenal growth as both an industry innovator and market leader in creating purchase passion: a powerful, potentially life-long emotional connection, created between a shopper and a brand.