GTRI is looking for Software Engineers located in Albuquerque, NM currently seeking new opportunities. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA.
This is a position of high trust by both GTRI and the US National Security community. The Signals and Systems Division (SASD) within the Advanced Concepts Laboratory, develops and delivers physics-based models and performs complex math/physics based analysis of highly sensitive electronic warfare and sensor capabilities. The division maintains subject matter expertise in the areas of electronic warfare, systems engineering, threat analysis, modeling and simulation, military operations, national strategy, and intelligence support to acquisition. SASD core competencies are waveform development, signal processing, advanced computing, modeling and simulation in support of effects evaluation, and advanced mathematics. This position requires exemplary professional and personal conduct and adherence to stringent standards and security regulations well beyond that required by the average GTRI employee.
While this is a position for a junior to mid-grade engineer, strong organizational skills are required. The Signals and Systems Division provides sponsors and GTRI leadership with expert knowledge of operational systems, threat systems and the technical requirements for future systems. Applicants must have the ability to obtain a clearance with preference given to candidates already holding a clearance.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields.
Research Engineer/Scientist II
- A Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and three (3) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree,
- A Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience after completion of a Bachelors degree, or
- A Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Work experience or academic background with object oriented programming concepts.
- Must be a self-starter and excel at solving complex problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related fields.
- Experience using C++, C#, Python, and MATLAB desired.
- Avionics and embedded systems experience are also desired.
- MS or PhD preferable.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institutes mission of solving the worlds most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.