More About the Role:
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Data Scientist with a focus on predictive modelling. In this highly visible role, you will build and deploy models predicting various aspect of the business logistics. You will also perform analysis to inform on the business.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data analysis, problem solving, development of predictive models, deployment and maintenance of those models.
Some Challenges Youll Tackle :
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Build models, from selecting features to optimizing.
- Be a stakeholder for our models! Help guide and prioritize development of predictive models to enhance our capabilities.
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what were doing.
- Produce novel analysis giving insights into the business
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
What's Actually Required:
- MUST HAVE 2-5 years of experience in time series forecasting and in applying descriptive statistics, machine learning, building predictive models and visualization to solve real-world problems or will consider someone with a PhD in timeseries forecasting (the PhD thesis was time series forecasting).
- MSc or PhD in statistics, mathematics, computer science or another quantitative field
- Comfort communicating analytical findings to people of diverse backgrounds using statistical libraries and visualization tools in Python
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders
Got These? Even Better
- Experience deploying models in a production environment
- Experience with distributed data and computing tools like Spark, Hive and Presto
- Experience using cloud infrastructure like AWS
- A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Its true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. Its true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, theyre granted Restricted Stock Units, which means were all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.