Seeking a talented, experienced and inquisitive Data Scientist to design and implement cutting edge solutions within the domain area of computer vision, video analytics, visual computation and machine-based image recognition. The ideal candidate has a strong background in a mathematical, statistical and technical capabilities with specialized knowledge in developing or utilizing both pre-trained and custom-developed deep learning models
This Data Scientist will be part of the growing Data Science team and work within the Artificial Intelligence practice within Comapny. This individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of driven people to deliver end to end solutions that improve guest experience and address pain points of the business across applications such as Deep Learning model development, Image Recognition, Event Detection via Video, Facial Recognition, Sentiment Scoring, Traffic Flow Optimization and Analytic insight from computer vision algorithms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will be a person who possesses a very strong background and operational familiarity with statistics, mathematics, deep learning model development (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc), deep learning models (CNNs, LTSM, SSDN, etc) with applications in video or image-based machine-learning solutions. The candidate should also be capable of, willing to, and actively involved in training and mentoring colleagues of all skill levels on the proper use of computer vision or other data science methods methods.
This individual will be responsible for analytical support, data mining, scripting / programming, mentorship and stakeholder presentation within the framework of implementing, utilizing and expanding computer vision capabilities within both the core Data Science and broader A.I. teams.
Major responsibilities include:
- Leading and own the direction of computer vision and video analytics projects with respect to solution design, model development, identifying resource needs and evaluating resource contributions to project goals
- Application of multiple forms of statistical (hypothesis testing, sampling, modeling, probability, time-series) and machine learning (neural networks / deep networks)
- Manipulates high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends.
- Evaluate the progress of the data science team and company at large on the acclimation of computer vision and applicable deep learning techniques. Recommend steps to improve or enforce utilization of computer vision methods.
- Collaborate with the Data Science Manager on establishing and enforcing Data Science best practices, researching new tools or capabilities for development, and evaluating team progress on the acclimation of Data Science methods
- Evaluating team completion of tasks and tickets and ensure they match acceptance criteria in lieu of Data Science Manager
- Empower and enhance the capabilities of the broader data science and A.I. teams on the proper setup, scripting and deployment of computer vision solutions through training, mentoring and project assistance as needed
- Collaborate with IT, Business and Analytics stakeholders to design and implement computer vision frameworks into the wider company data architecture.
- Assist with research related to customer based analytical practice and develop communications for management and strategies for building institutional knowledge Work with product and enterprise teams via both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Speak to both the software and hardware needs of a proposed computer vision solution, including necessary CPU, GPU and Memory needs required
- Foster a data-driven culture based on pragmatism and strategic decision through rigorous factual analysis at all levels. Should be willing to engage outside the immediate team to expand data science footprint throughout organization.
- rs degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering or field of comparable foundations in mathematical and statistical analysis through the use of models, algorithms or programmed solutions. 5+ ye
- ars experience with any of the following programming languages: R, Python, Java, C++, C#, Scala, SAS or similar scripting languages. Similar experience and proficiency with SQL required. 5+ Ex
- perience with applying machine learning and A.I. solutions to video capture or images, either by live feed or files, and applying Image Recognition, Facial Recognition, Sentiment Capture, Crowd Size or Object Detection Exper
- ience utilizing pre-trained computer vision frameworks such as YOLO, Darknet and Cloudinary
- Experience with Deep Learning tools and packages such as TensorFlow, Keras, H2O, and Theano
- Experience with data mining processes (SEMMA, CRISP-DM), data preparation, consolidation, imputation, transformation, interaction, variable reduction, modeling, maintenance, and post-mortem analysis.
- Experience with statistical methods such t-test of means, Tukey-HSD tests of means on groups, ANOVA, Proportion tests, data normalization and scaling, univariate and multivariate outlier detection.
- Experience with deep learning modeling techniques such as Convolutional Neural Networks, Long Short Term Memory networks, Recurrent Neural Networks, and Generative Adversarial Networks
- Strong Oral and Written skills.
- date has attained or is currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program for Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering or field of comparable foundations in mathematical and statistical analysis through the use of models, algorithms or programmed solutions.
- Experience with Agile Software Development.
- Experience in a large corporation or consulting firm with focus in marketing strategies, modeling, CRM and management sciences/statistics highly desired.
- Experience with cloud computing frameworks or APIs such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in a large corporation or consulting firm practicing marketing strategies, modeling, CRM and management sciences/statistics is; Highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
Our ideal candidate:
- Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Mathematics, Statistics, Probability, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence.
- Demonstrates a strong capacity for learning and assimilating new techniques, tools and methods.
- Comfortable with preparing or collaborating on presentation decks as well as delivering final stakeholder presentations as primary or supporting presenter.
- Has knowledge and can quickly ramp-up and leverage cloud-based cognitive service APIs such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and/or IBM Watson.
- Is passionate about your work, but willing to support several projects at one time and can accept reprioritization as necessary.
- Comfortable delivering within an agile program.