Your next calling:
As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to use your analytic skills to help establish methodological approach to address each project and decide the appropriate set of data to be used. The Data Scientist will be responsible for using data science methods and techniques to address strategic business questions posed by management. Data can come from either a proprietary dataset collected from any of Cintras global toll road projects and/or with data taken from identified and suitable external sources. Responsibilities will also includecommunicating findings with senior management, developing internal data analytic capabilities within the company, supporting the work of other analytics groups. The Data Scientist will be expected to stay up-to-date on new methods, data sources, and analysis techniques. Although based in Austin, TX, this person will be supporting projects and groups in North America and Europe.
Functions key to success:
- Execute Advanced Analytics projects with three strategic goals:
- Optimizing revenues in existing projects in operations,
- Improving accuracy of Traffic and Revenue forecasts by using new data sources and techniques to improve knowledge of main variables affecting the forecasts.
- Assist Business Development activities (analysis of new projects)
- Support Advanced Analytic projects conducted by analytics teams at Cintra major projects (407 ETR in Toronto and DFW managed lanes).
- Support Cintra Europe and North American Traffic & Revenue teams when using Advanced Analytics for Traffic & Revenue studies.
- Stay informed of new developments in Advanced Analytic techniques, systems, data sources, and providers and explore how to utilize them for the benefit of Cintra.
What you bring to the table:
You have worked hard to achieve success in your educational career, now put it to use. If you have a Masters Degree in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Data Science, Statistics, Industrial Engineering or a related field, you are half way there with the needed abilities for this position. Do you have at least 2 years of experience in building advanced analytic models which demonstrate measurable business impact? If the answer is yes, you can check off another box. Finally, proficiency in Advanced Analytic Techniques: Regression and Classification, Clustering, Tree-Based methods, Optimization Models would be the cherry on top.
With success comes a high level of professionalism. We already know you possess the following qualities, but we just wanted to remind you of what is important to Cintra:
- Mindset for research and innovation. Active, curious, and ready to explore new ideas.
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills, particularly technical report writing skills.
- Able to summarize and present information and to present and explain findings and conclusions to senior management.
- Effectively manage tasks and strict deadlines with independence and in an organized way.
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure.
- Must be able to proactively multitask, problem solve and implement innovative processes within a fast-paced environment.
Finally, in a technology-driven world, it is important to know your way around a computer. For this role, it will be important to know the basics of the following:
- Experience in SQL and/or Spark to process, clean and analyze large and messy datasets
- Experience in R and/or Python in implementing data science packages/routines
- Experience in Databases: Creating efficient processes to gather (Cintras projects and external sources), store and extract data using RDBMS like Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with designing data visualizations using software like Tableau to communicate complex data insights to management
- Exposure to pricing and revenue management techniques
- Experience in programming languages like Java and C++
- Training in Operations Research techniques either through academia or work experience
Our working environment:
Cintra wants to ensure that all employees are comfortable and able to work in the type of culture and environment we have built our business on. Our office is typically quiet with low noise levels; however, you will often hear employees laughing and commiserating amongst themselves. Effective communication will be key for this role and will require you to talk and hear others. You will probably spend a majority of your time sitting and/or walking around the office, whether to visit a co-worker or make it to a meeting on time and there may be occasional long hours to put in if you are diligently working to complete a project and finish a report. There could be a time when you may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, but not very often. Finally, there may be some light travel involved with this role! Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.