We are looking for a Data Engineer to bring on to a team working in a well established Oil & Gas company. This Data Engineer will be a part of a team that is working on achieving constant delivery of Petro-physics data on the cloud that is highly focused on visualization of reservoir characteristics. This team is to continuously produce applications that allow well data to be viewed by users. Some unique benefits to this role is the ability to gain exposure to Machine Learning and work in a 9/80 work schedule!
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for
- Data ingestion
- Data storage
- Processing data
- Analyze large amounts of data on a Google Cloud Platform
- Designing large-scale data processing systems
- Developing data pipelines
- Work on data pre-processing
- Using tools to wrangle data and find anomalies
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience mining large data sets, ETL processing, and Machine Learning exposure
- Familiarity with Bigquery, Apache Beam or Spark
- 3+ years experience in python programming. Go is preferred
- Expertise in SQL programming
- Experience in Machine Learning libraries such as tensorflow, pytorch, scikit, etc.