Luna is looking for a senior data scientist to help develop data science libraries and pipelines for clients using Luna, a project said by NASA and Singularity University to be 1 of 20 most impressive technologies worldwide. If you bring strong analytical and technical skills, and have a passion for data, this could be the role for you.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Luna, you'll be instrumental in the design and development of custom solutions and pipelines to help our customers and clients get the results that they need when working with Luna. You'll be able to collaborate with a team of world-class engineers, community managers, and business developers (from Bloomberg, PayPal, and GitHub, amongst others) to make your mark on this project's future.
What You'll Do
As a senior data scientist at Luna, you'll be in charge of developing both libraries and pipelines for customers and the wider community. This will involve:
- Working closely with key stakeholders and customers to develop and tailor customised data-analysis toolkits and pipelines to fit their needs.
- Using your experience to inform design choices regarding Luna, especially around its support for data-analysis and machine-learning workflows.
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure that the product evolves to make such uses as simple and easy as possible.
- Contribute to the growth and success of a vibrant open-source project and its greater ecosystem.
The Skills We're Looking For
We have a particular set of skills that we're looking for in this role:
- 5+ years of practical experience working with data-science pipelines for performing automated analysis, predictive analytics, or machine learning.
- Practical experience with existing data-science toolkits such as Keras and Tensorflow.
- An interest in building new data-science tools and pipelines.
- Practical experience with at least one functional programming language, preferably Haskell. Please note that this does not count languages (such as Python), that enable limited forms of functional programming.
- An interest in working with clients and users to create solutions that fit their needs and enhance their work.
It would be a big bonus if you also had:
- Experience building customized data-science pipelines, tailored to particular tasks.
- Experience in the deployment of data-science solutions.