We are seeking an experienced business intelligence analyst to join our Casualty Solutions Group. In this role, you will work as a member of a SCRUM team to develop innovative business analytics offerings using statistics, trend analysis, and other data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and identify the right data from internal and external sources. You will also construct data processes and algorithms to explain or predict customer behavior and solve a variety of business problems.
The individual must have technical experience using programs to extract, analyze, and manipulate data from a variety of disparate data sources and systems. We also want someone who loves working in an ever-changing environment, focused on solving customer needs, and passionate about results.
- Partner with internal customers to understand business needs
- Translate business questions into analytical requirements that can be answered with available data
- Create repeatable process to deliver data reports, data insights and data extracts
- Develop visualizations to help explain patterns and trends in large data sets
- Communicate analysis and results to senior leadership with data and actionable insights
- Recognize and adopt industry best practices in reporting and analysis
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative or technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Finance, Economics preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in an operational/business role requiring data analytics
- Strong knowledge in SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in working with large complex data systems to aggregate, organize, and preparing data for use in business analysis
- Experience with BI tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI
- Self-directed, highly organized and able to independently coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills to be able to influence others with the story of what youre seeing in the data
- Knowledge of insurance or healthcare a plus
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.