Director, Business Analytics
Customer Health Engagement (CHE)
The Business Analytics Director position is an opportunity for a proven leader in the field who can set and execute the vision for advanced embedded analytics supporting Healthcare Delivery Innovation.
Reporting to the Head of Customer and Clinical Data and Analytics, this role will work collaboratively with Consumer Health Engagement business stakeholders to provide strategic thought partnership in analytics, identifying and prioritizing opportunities for impact, developing analytics solutions, leveraging data science and technologic capabilities and embedding analytics driven processes.
The Business Analytics Director is responsible for the execution of work in support of Clinical Solutions Business units across the enterprise. The Director will need to understand the priorities and challenges of our clinical business partners and ensure the right informatics solutions (e.g. data, reporting or analytics) are applied.
The Successful candidate will:
- Go fr
- om Vision to Planning to Scale. Real experience doing.
- Upgrade the analytic capabilities to be cutting edge & advanced
- Manage/create followership amongst a large team of data scientists (12-16 total FTEs over time)
- ADVANCED, ACTIONABLE analytics, not reporting analytics.
- Challenge the status quo with senior business leaders using hard, numeric values for decision-making
- Clear examples of scaling a concept to a full-scale customer-facing solution powered by Analytics/Data Science
- ibute to developing and executing a multiyear customer service analytics strategy and roadmap for our clinical business stakeholders
- Partner with the Head of Customer and Clinical Data and Analytics to craft long-term vision for operationalization of advanced analytics, build the business case, syndicate with senior leaders and secure commitment
- Interact daily with the Product, Strategy, and Operations business leads for Consumer Health Engagement department to understand their strategy in order to best deploy analytics that help them achieve their business goals.
- Identify and execute near-term initiatives to embed advanced analytics within business processes to challenge the status quo and drive an insight driven culture
- Institute standardization and quality assurance across all aspects of delivery, including modeling, evaluations and opportunity analysis
- Prioritize work across multiple project types such as opportunity sizing, data mining, predictive modeling, and comparative effectiveness evaluations. All for purposes of decision making and execution based on data, facts and analytical findings across different part of the Consumer Health Engagement organization
- Providing individual and team leadership to business analytics team to ensure they are growing their capabilities and achieving their career goals
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Masters degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or Data Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years industry experience solving business problems through the application of analytic approaches
- Required experience in medical delivery systems, health insurance content knowledge, and analytic and information management. Strong track record of business actions taken or health outcomes achieve through the use of analytics
- Subject matter expertise in consumer (e.g. eligibility, digital, socio-demographic) and managed care clinical data (e.g. claims, labs, Rx).
- Proficiency in performing statistical analysis in SAS/R/Python for purposes of guiding and overseeing Business Analytics work.
- Previous work experience applying a combination of analytical, technical and business acumen
- Proven track record of success leading high-performance advanced analytics teams directly and building out best-in-class capabilities
- Effective leadership, prioritization and management of complex deliverable portfolio in a dynamic environment