Job DescriptionVeterans Wanted
Position Title: INTERN
Pay GRADE HOURLY
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Our associates' experience and knowledge are our greatest asset. Continued positive growth is a necessity and we remain committed to providing our associates access to the best opportunities for career development and advancement.
Reports To: Director of Financial Reporting & Systems
Compass Group is hiring for a Data and Systems intern to help to support the functions and responsibilities of departments within the Accounting Services teams. The intern will also partner in efforts with other department resources, as needed, to achieve a more effective, efficient, and improved work environment, while providing excellent customer service, and assisting in the initial assessment of the processes as requested. This position reports to the Director of Financial Reporting and Systems. The position will be based in our Charlotte, NC corporate office.
- Support business applications as necessary for critical processes within the Corporate Accounting Services functions,
- Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external technical support providers
- Support department users with RPA development
- Act as primary support for assigned Corporate Accounting Services projects and initiatives
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide update reports
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake processing of structured and unstructured data
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Access, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of R, SQL or Python
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, Stata, R, SAS, etc.)
- Strong math skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Experience in data mining
- Must be able to perform root cause, preventative solution analysis
- Must demonstrate effective organizational and planning skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation in accomplishing assigned projects and duties within a set time frame
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and be service oriented, collaborative approach to internal customer and peer relationships
*Relocation assistance is not available. The selected candidate will be responsible for relocation and housing costs (if necessary).
*This position is ineligible for healthcare and other full-time benefits.
As an intern, you will be working closely with Compass Group leaders developing skills and competencies to be successful in the industry. You will gain valuable experience in any of the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem solving, planning and implementation of innovative projects, and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands-on experiences which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive credit or hands on experience
- Learn, observe and practice a variety of experiences in our industry
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Project management
- Self-directed, proactive and curious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Interest in the hospitality and service industry
- Attitude of a leader
- Enjoy building relationships
- This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Intern, Food Service, Entry Level, Hospitality