The Data Analytics Department has an opening for a
Data Science Engineer, Data & Analytics. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Data Science Engineer is responsible for discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data and deliver insights around potential opportunities and risks. This position will ensure that the use of Business Intelligence applications enhances business decision making capabilities. This position is responsible for applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. The Data Science Engineer will work closely with multiple business units to define requirements and implement analytical solutions. This position in the Data and Analytics group will report to the IT Senior Manager, Data and Analytics
Key Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Develop, maintain, and enhance analytical solutions to meet the needs of the business users
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Apply quantitative approach to analyzing data
- Gather requirements, analyze, design, build queries and reports using SQL
- Create and deploy web-based dashboards, reports, and company reporting solutions
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Verify correctness and completeness of data model, data relationships, mappings, and reports
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's or MIS degree in Data Science, Operational Research, Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience implementing machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- 4+ years of experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, Python, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- 4+ years of proven experience in database programming (SQL, stored procedures, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience working with Business Intelligence tools (experience with PowerBI and OBIEE tools a plus)
- Understand multiple data sources such as Oracle, SQL Server, Azure, Teradata
- Ability to solve complex and cross-functional projects spanning multiple technologies and disciplines
- Background in retail a plus
- Certifications a plus
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are all essential in this role
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Travel 10%
How to Apply:Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting;https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER