At trivago we aim to enable our large user base to find the ideal accommodation for their travels and help advertisers (online travel agencies, hotel chains and hoteliers) to improve their performance on our website. We're looking for an analytical and enthusiastic data scientist to dig into petabytes of data to further develop the Marketplace of our global hotel search platform!
As a data scientist in the Ranking Team you can have a direct impact on the mechanisms that govern the interaction of our 6 million daily users and our 400+ booking sites in real time. You will work in a cross-functional team with other data scientists, engineers, and product owners in order to design, implement and improve our ranking algorithms and evaluate their performance on live data.
If you have a background in algorithm development, machine learning, or predictive analytics and enjoy finding solutions to tricky problems, apply today! What you'll do:
- Develop our ranking algorithm by integrating various input data and experimenting with customized ranking approaches.
- Evaluate algorithm performance and identify improvement opportunities and optimization potential.
- Push to bring new ideas into production and apply state of the art models while always keeping business priorities and technical feasibility in mind.
- Determine new evaluation metrics and simulation techniques to better evaluate and anticipate test performances.
What you'll definitely need:
- 2+ years experience working with data science or machine learning.
- A Master's degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- An exceptional understanding of data analysis and statistics concepts and has experience applying them.
- Experience processing and deriving insights from large amounts of data.
- An excellent understanding of SQL. Experience with big data technologies (Hive, Impala, Spark, etc.) would be a plus.
- Proficiency in programming in either Python, R, or Scala.
- Good communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders.
- You can work well independently and prioritize effectively in order to maximize outcomes.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
Life at trivago is:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
Take the fast track:
trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Don't feel like preparing your CV? You can do a work sample and show us your skills directly by following this link and complete the challenge. If your submission convinces our hiring managers, you will be invited to an interview directly!