Job DescriptionSenior Data Scientist If you are a Senior Data Scientist with at least 5 years of experience, please read on!
Headquartered in Boston, we are the holding company for a group of insurance companies that employs 1,500 people and writes and services over $1 billion in personal lines premium in New England and New Jersey. founded in 1982 on the premise that combining extraordinary underwriting rigor, unparalleled customer service, and teamwork by passionate, driven professionals will lead to high levels of sustainable success.
These core values that were the foundation of our company continue to serve us well. We offer a stimulating and highly collegial work environmentWhat You Will Be DoingYou will need to find and understand various internal and external data sources as well as obtain and cleanse such data to make it usable and to extract, clean, and manipulate large datasets (structured and unstructured) for model building.
You will develop and enhance models used in a variety of contexts within the product management structure of Plymouth Rock by utilizing both statistical methods (Generalized Linear Models, Mixed Effects Models, Ridge, Lasso, etc.) and machine learning techniques (Gradient Boosted Trees, Random Forests, Deep Learning, etc.)
You will facilitate the application of models developed considering the regulatory, distribution and competitive contexts within which we operate.What You Need for this Position- An advanced degree in mathematics, machine learning, economics, statistics or a related field.
- Knowledge of new and innovative modeling and statistical techniques - a relevant specialty is preferred.
- Detail orientation - attention and desire to work on large data “crunching” projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a proven ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- High standards for the work products delivered.
- Creative thinker with the ability to synthesize information from various sources and apply that information to concrete business problems.
- Ability to influence and guide across departmental boundaries.
- Flexibility and resiliency characteristic of a professional.
- Ability to work with and understanding of the merits of various data structures.
- Proficiency with the latest modeling software and techniques, such as SAS, R, Python or Tableau.
- A desire -- enthusiasm -- to “change the game.”,passionate about tackling sample bias, over-fitting, variable selection, missing values, etc.
- Ability to understand the need to balance predictive power, interpretability, and ease of implementation.What's In It for You- Competitive Base Salary (DOE)
- Great Medical Package
- 401kSo, if you are a Senior Data Scientist with at least 5 years of experience, please apply today! -
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.