SUMMARY: The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. The Senior Data Analyst may oversee a team of Data Analysts and uses business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance and suggest areas and methods of improving operations. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for implementing and overseeing analytical approaches and methodologies, presenting insight and recommendations to management for decision making and strategic planning, implementing controls, and developing internal/external information sources for business analysis. The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining ongoing and ad-hoc reports. The position requires the ability to translate data into information; keen attention to detail; and a deep understanding of data analysis tools, databases, and analytics theory and practice.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leads cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Uses statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports from multiple data sources.
- Builds, develops, and maintains data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards, and performance metrics tools that support key business decisions.
- Designs and builds technical processes to address business issues.
- Leverages healthcare operations, data, and systems knowledge to identify and support process improvement initiatives that streamline processes and/or reduce costs.
- Works with leadership to prioritize business and information needs.
- Creates informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, and approval.
- Manages and optimizes processes for data intake, validation, mining, and engineering as well as modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets. Shares findings and recommendations with stakeholders.
- Organizes and drives successful completion of data initiatives through effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Examines, interprets, and reports results and business impacts of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership.
- Presents and explains information in an accessible way. Trains end users on new reports and dashboards.
- May oversee Data Analysts’ activities and assignments.
- Ensures compliance with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of responsibility.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics preferred. MBA preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience data mining, database querying, visualization methods, and reporting are required. Experience working with stakeholders and senior decision makers, proven analytical background and expertise, and advanced Excel skills are required. Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions is required. Experience with SharePoint, Power BI, and SQL databases strongly preferred. Experience in healthcare or healthcare billing preferred. Experience managing staff and processes preferred.
License/Certification: Certifications in related technical and business areas preferred including Microsoft SQL Server; .Net or other object-oriented programming; analysis; project management; Power BI, SharePoint.
Language Skills: Demonstrated ability to exercise professional oral and written communication skills with all internal and external audiences. Ability to translate business requirements and reporting outputs into non-technical, lay terms.
Computer Skills: Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations. Expert-level experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with data visualization tools: Power Query, Power Pivot, Power BI, SharePoint, etc. Strong programming skills with querying languages: SLQ, SAS, etc. Experience with Adobe Analytics and other analytics tools. C, C++, JAVA, or other programming languages preferred. Experience with automation software preferred.
Reasoning Ability: Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Strong problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical abilities. Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people, and projects simultaneously.