Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off and the leading provider of Human Perception AI: software that analyzes facial and vocal expressions to identify complex human emotional and cognitive states. Our vision is that technology needs to be able to sense, adapt and respond to people’s non-verbal signals, mental states, emotions and reactions, just the way humans do. We are humanizing technology!
Our patented AI software uses machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and speech science. Affectiva has built the world’s largest emotion data repository with over 7M faces analyzed in 87 countries. Affectiva is used by one fourth of the Fortune Global 500 for advertising testing and is now working with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s on next generation driver state monitoring and in-cabin mood sensing.
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human states. And, in building new products that never existed before, we are disrupting billion dollar industries such a advertising and automotive.
An exciting direction for Affectiva is the automotive market, where we are bringing our technology into next generation vehicles, including semi-autonomous and autonomous, to improve driver safety and enhance the user experience. During this journey we are actively growing our proprietary dataset of in-cabin sensing metrics to better understand how occupants of vehicles behave “in the wild”.
This position is focused on improving the understanding of human behavior through exploration, analysis and visualization of our proprietary data. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with large complex datasets in order to distill actionable findings and insights: both to be delivered to clients and industry experts in the form of reports, as well as to internal stakeholders to help drive our research and product roadmaps.
This position will report to the Director of Applied AI.
- Perform statistical analysis and data visualization on Affectiva’s global emotion database
- data exploration, hypothesis formulation, insight gathering through statistical analysis
- Own visualize, communicate and present technical findings to non-technical audiences
- Act as a subject matter expert on Affectiva’s human behavior understanding technology when presenting findings to clients and industry experts
- Partner closely with product management leadership to explore data that drives key product decisions
- Work closely with members of the Science and Data teams to automate common data science workflows
- Build predictive models that tie emotion data to important key metrics
- Strong skills with Python (e.g. pandas, numpy, seaborn), SQL
- Knowledge of at least one modeling framework (sklearn, etc..)
- Experience extracting and manipulating large unstructured datasets
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hive, Pig, Presto, Spark)
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering)
- 2+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis or modeling
Nice to have:
- Experience integrating data science products into dashboards or applications
- Experience with the AWS Stack