Provide the organization with insight and actionable information by collecting, processing, analyzing, and interpreting business data. Use business data in order to answer questions and solve problems. Design and maintain reports, dashboards, workflows, and data-driven alert systems that focus on the organizations critical metrics and key performance indicators. Use business intelligence tools to transform raw data into meaningful and useful information used to enable more effective strategic, tactical, and operational insights and decision-making.
This position is based in Miami, Florida.
We are only considering local candidates, or candidates who are willing to relocate at their own expense.
The candidate should understand data and how to manipulate and gain insight from it. The candidate must be familiar with programming languages and concepts, and pattern matching algorithms such as regular expressions. The ability to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data into data analytic systems is required. Candidates should be familiar with data warehousing systems. Knowledge of SQL database query language is needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Collaborate with others to understand business and reporting needs.
2. Collect data from various primary and secondary sources (including the core financial system), and insert that data into analytic platforms.
3. Develop automated and reusable routines for mining data.
4. Normalize data and prepare it for reporting.
5. Analyze and interpret results using statistical tools and techniques.
6. Design and document reports and dashboards using graphs, charts, tables, and graphics; present data in easy to read formats.
7. Pinpointing trends and patterns in data sets. Use existing data to forecast outcomes.
8. Identifying new opportunities for process improvement.
9. Use provided tools to accomplish the assigned tasks.
Minimum 5 years of prior experience in a similar role. Knowledgeable with data analytics, data science, and statistical reporting concepts and best practices. Ability to work with and derive insight from extremely detailed and complex data sets. Knowledgeable with Big Data and Machine Learning concepts. Experience with SQL programming and database concepts. Experience with the SPLUNK platform, Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL), and Unix pipeline syntax is a strong plus. Ability to understand mathematical and programming concepts. Knowledge of the JHA Symitar/Episys core system and other related technologies is a plus. Must be comfortable writing technical documentation. Must have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills with great attention to detail.