The IT Service Manager establishes, monitors and improves effective processes and controls to ensure excellence and consistency across all contributor experiences with IT and IT services. The position is charged with providing management functions including problem determination and resolution, technical solution development, policies, procedures and processes governing the use and operation of Dormans infrastructure assets and support policies. The position requires an emphasis on systems engineering, problem/project management, reporting/trending analyses as well as building cohesive partnerships with operations staff inside IT, other departments and vendors. Fulfillment of responsibilities must be performed with a minimum amount of supervision.Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Acting as the management / escalation contact point and liaison for the leadership team.
- Constantly monitors the pulse of the end user community, ensuring its needs are understood and met.
- Manages the day to day maintenance, documentation, troubleshooting, and NOC reporting from 3rd party management.
- Measures contributor satisfaction with IT services and advocates improvements to bridge gaps.
- Serves as the principle representative of the end user community and represents its views and changing needs back to the IT operations.
- Performs the duties of technical support coordinator, with responsibility for managing/coordinating support for internal and external clients.
- Providing managerial support to the Helpdesk.
- Implements applicable industry best practice support model, such as the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 to improve Dorman IT operations maturity level and move to a more customer-centric support focus for all IT services.
- Analyzes desktop support problem resolutions to identify trends or problem support areas and ensures that support procedures are being followed.
- Handling problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up, referring more complex problems to outside consultants or other technical staff.
System Engineering Support: ~40%
- In consultation with IT senior management, establishes, communicates, and monitors IT support service level agreements (SLAs).
- Establishes and manages procedures to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk (tier 1), tier 2, and tier 3 resources.
- Tracks, measures and reports on key support performance metrics (SLAs) for the IT Service Desk.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of ITIL-based service reporting and trending for management covering all processes, especially availability, reliability and incident management.
- Manages a crisis management system to streamline notifications and resolutions during an enterprise wide outage.
- Performs trending and root cause analysis on reports and statistical data received from IT Service Desk to identify and develop strategies for addressing chronic issues.
- Develops, implements and manages IT asset management processes and procedures for hardware and software.
- Develops policies and procedures for all IT endpoint infrastructure operating environments.
- Ensures comprehensive management of Dorman technology assets, ensuring maximum value from expenditures, licensing compliance and refresh cycles.
- Management of contributors, including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and/or termination or recommending termination.
- Demonstrating flexibility in adjusting to variable workload and job duties.
IT Operations Support: ~40%
- Establish standards for infrastructure hardware and services
- Establish infrastructure usage policies and communicate policies to affected audience(s)
- Develop performance management procedures for infrastructure
- Manage IT Staff relationships to ensure service levels and availability of all end-points
- Manage outages, identify root cause and resolve all issues within allowed service levels
- Maintain / manage disaster recover platform including maintenance, testing and documentation review
Administrative Duties: ~20%
- Participate in the Infrastructure and Operations production meetings to report the status of production systems
- Participate in the change control, production acceptance and event management processes
- Participate in the development of operational procedures and policies
- Participate in the development of a viable, cost-effective business continuity and disaster recovery capability
- Develop and report monthly statistics and progress against internal and external service levels
- Communicate change requests, issues and resolutions, event status as well other important matters to all areas of IT and customer departments
- Identify, resolve and escalate business issues as appropriate
- Manage after hours and on-call support for enterprise support
- Manage enterprise capacity and provide utilization statistics to the capacity planner
- Provide oral and written status reports to IT management and customers
- Bachelors degree in IT or related discipline preferred
- 6+ years IT operational support experience
- 3+ years experience implementing ITIL methodologies to proactively monitor infrastructure environments using service desk ticket management and asset management systems
- Advanced proficiency in application software, such as: word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, e-mail, and database software
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems and customer support operations management, Windows operating system, networks and communication systems
- Working knowledge of help desk operations
- Ability to lead infrastructure technology projects for enterprise endpoint (desktop/tablet/smartphones) hardware/ software upgrades
- Ability to learn new technology and keep abreast of the latest technological advances
- Strong customer-focus and demonstrated experience working with/meeting business users requirements
- Proven service management skills setting and measuring SLAs and KPIs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and objective facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. www.DormanProducts.com