Data Scientist - Machine Learning:
Lighthouse is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Product Development team to help design, build and deliver on our next generation of eDiscovery intelligence products by building highly accurate machine learning models, contribute to the engineering of highly scalable systems, and incorporating new technology and tools to deliver predictive intelligence to our customers through existing and new products.
If you enjoy working in an agile and collaborative environment, solving complex business problems, and using a varied advanced machine learning and statistical techniques to generate actionable predictive and prescriptive outcomes, then this job is for you.
What You Will Do
- Research, design and prototyping of scalable machine learning techniques for classification, recognition and matching, and attribute extraction in order to answer key business problems
- Develop value propositions, identifying new business opportunities for data
- Determine the right set of statistical and machine learning algorithms and techniques needed to solve different data problems, while maintaining security and privacy of data
- Collaborate with engineers to make sure the solutions scales well with high volumes of data and applicable to many clients
- Provide technical recommendations regarding buy vs. build decisions for different components of the data analytics infrastructure
- PhD or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 5+ years experience in Data Science related field
- Demonstrated history of driving and delivering analytics models and solutions to offerings in the market
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals or machine learning, data mining and statistical predictive modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
- Track record of developing and implementing models and visualizations using programming and scripting (Scala, Python, R, Ruby, Spark, and/or Azure ML)
- Knowledge and experience working with T-SQL and relational databases like MS SQL or PostgreSQL
- Expertise working with both structured and unstructured data in a Big Data platform setting with standard toolsets
- Knowledge of various data science techniques and experience implementing models developed with these techniques into production environment