Would you like to:
- Love what you do and the people you’re doing it with?
- Do the best work of your career?
- Belong to an amazing and fun group who want to do – and are *already* doing – big things?
- Be part of exciting work with a meaningful mission as we build and grow our products, our team, and ourselves together?
- Know that your work is being used by – and benefitting! – literally millions of people?
At LimeSpot, the above is not an aspirational fantasy; it’s our reality! And we’d love you to consider being part of that reality with us.
LimeSpot is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Machine Learning Engineer to join a fast-growing world-class engineering group dedicated to excellence. You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team of frontend and backend engineers focused on developing a set of intelligent recommendation and personalization tools. Our technology has a great focus on machine learning, data mining and data analysis techniques.
Some of your Tour of Duty with us will involve:
- Collaborating closely with the engineering team to brainstorm, design and create new algorithms as well as improving and optimizing the existing implementations.
- Designing and coding scalable machine learning applications for processing large volumes of data.
- Optimizing and scaling up our existing models and frameworks
Some of the other things you can look forward to:
- Working with like-minded and talented people who will fast become your friends
- The opportunity to be a meaningful contributor to our architecture and technical designs
- Flexible hours
- A very nice Gastown transit-accessible office space with fantastic natural lighting
- Open vacation
Other skills & capabilities ensuring your/our success:
- A strong sense of ownership
- A strong background in machine learning, data mining and data analysis techniques for highly large-scale applications.
- Strong knowledge of statistical, mathematical and modelling methods
- Ability to design and interpret experiments (such as A/B testing…)
- Experience with SQL and at least one Object oriented programming language (such as Java)
- Experience with Python
- Proven self-starter, motivated by team success
- Communicating ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Dealing well with ambiguous and undefined problems
Nice to haves:
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Graph databases (such as Neo4j)
- An engaging smile
- Understanding of development organizational principles like Kanban and Agile, with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations
- Openness to spontaneous high-fiving or fist bumping as appropriate for candidate comfort level
If you’ve read the above and are excited about LimeSpot potentially being the next phase of your career, we’re equally excited to talk to you! Hit us up and we’ll get chatting.
P.S. Our picture below correctly conveys our average team happiness/enthusiasm but not our office setup - trust us when we say you'll have more than ample desk space! =)