As part of our engineering team you will be responsible for building our product, an advanced machine learning algorithm within search personalization for e-commerce. As demand for our product continues to increase, we are on a journey to grow the team substantially in 2019. We’d love for you to join us.
About the role:
As a Scala Machine Learning engineer you will help us build and maintain our ML platform, which is one of the most advanced that exists today. At Findify, we make extensive use of data-collection, processing and ML algorithms to help our merchants provide better search and recommendations to their customers. You would be responsible for building and improving our ML algorithms to help us achieve this goal.
Your responsibilities include:
- Implementing new ML algorithms and improving existing ones to fine-tune the search relevancy and recommendation quality we provide our 1500 merchants
- Keeping up-to-date with academic research in the field of AI/ML to make sure our algorithms reflect the latest developments
- Setting up the data processing pipelines to feed these ML algorithms
You are a creative problem-solver with passion for Machine Learning and building scalable architectures.
- Initiative-taking; you are self-motivated, a doer, and can drive projects from start to finish
- A team-player; you are comfortable working with different styles and believe (like us) that together we achieve much more than alone
- Driven; you are used to working hard to achieve a goal you care about and running several projects in parallel
- A great communicator; you are comfortable in communicating in English both written and oral, including leading meetings, selling your ideas and storytelling
- Experience building complete ML solutions: source data collection, feature engineering and model training
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Scala. You are able to work on the full development cycle of an application, from designing a system, to validating by the code the possible assumptions and maintaining/improving an existing system
- At least 5 years of general development experience including leading the design and development of back-end systems
- Relevant education in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Physics. Msc/PhD a plus
We’d be extra impressed if you also have:
- NoSQL: experience with Cassandra/Kafka
- Dev-Ops: experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Scala: akka, akka-stream, akka-http, cats
- Experience in working in/with remote teams
- Experience in working in agile/lean methodologies
- A side project or blog that showcases your passion
Location: remote. Flexible within timezone CET +/-2
We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better products we build and the better we are able to serve our customers. Women and other minorities under-represented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABSOLUTELY NO HEAD-HUNTERS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE