- Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience (or Masters with 5+ years of experience) in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related STEM field.
- You have a deep knowledge and understanding of statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, and natural language processing techniques.
- You have hands-on experience in deploying machine learning models into production to solve business problems.
- You have strong programming skills in Python and/or Scala and fluency in data manipulation using SQL, Pandas, or Apache Spark.
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- You are a strong communicator. You have a positive attitude and are empathetic.
- You are self-motivated. You identify and solve problems with little or no guidance
- You demonstrate self-awareness and a desire to improve.
- You excel in a dynamic startup environment.
- You work well with others and are a great team player.
- Experience with analyzing large data sets, using Hadoop, Apache Spark or related technologies.
- Experience with Deep learning models and their practical application at scale.
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
- Be a part of a winning team, failure is not an option
Guru is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to be a core part of our Data Science team. You will be doing research and prototyping emerging machine learning and natural language processing solutions applied to natural language and unstructured data and be conversant with the latest developments in these fields. You will also collaborate with other Data Scientists, Architects, Product Managers and Engineers to prototype, implement and deploy these models into our product.
This job is not only about how well you build models; its about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.