FRAUNHOFER-INSTITUT FÜR INTEGRIERTE SCHALTUNGEN IIS
THE FRAUNHOFER INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS IIS IN ERLANGEN, GERMANY, IS LOOKING FOR
SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS (F/M) DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING FOR VOICE AND AUDIO
Do you like digital signal processing? Are you keen on taking on challenges for next generation audio technologies which will be used in millions of phones, TVs, headphones, and many more audio products worldwide?
If so, we have the right position for you!
We perform research and develop algorithms for all audio components of real-time communication or streaming systems. This includes audio capturing, speech enhancement, speech & audio coding, multimedia IP transmission, packet loss strategies and quality assessment.
With us, you have the opportunity to design and develop digital signal processing algorithms and software for speech and audio communication applications and/or create customer-ready software libraries.
Fraunhofer IIS established a name for itself around the world thanks to the development of the mp3 and AAC audio codecs, which enable more than 10 billion devices worldwide and which has already been licensed by more than 1,000 companies. Recently, Fraunhofer IIS successfully contributed to the 3GPP Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) Codec, enabling HD-voice+ quality for mobile telephony.
What we expect from you
- University degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field
- Programming experience in C/C++ and MATLAB
- Knowledge in digital audio signal processing and/or psycho acoustics
- Optionally, experience in multimedia application development, particularly for mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, which is required for our international team and world-wide collaboration
We are happy to receive applications of committed junior professionals with prior knowledge and first practical experience.
What you can expect from us
- The chance to participate in challenging research and development work on new audio and media technologies
- Diverse projects with a high degree of real-world applicability
- Personal development through training and education programs
- Work-life-balance (flexible working hours, programs that promote a balance between your personal and career life)
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits base on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Have we piqued your interest?
Please submit your complete, written application (in English or German, including cover letter, CV, grade sheets and references) to Claudia Kestler-Böhm, quoting reference number IIS-2019-AME46, via our career portal:
Information about the institute is available on the internet at: