You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What you’ll do
- In order to create maps that are precise and detailed enough to allow for autonomous driving, we need to efficiently analyse incoming data from diverse on-car sensors such as LiDAR and cameras, yielding large amounts of image and video data. Our maps contain the precise location and a description of road elements such as paint markers, lane types, the road border, barriers, junctions, road connectivity, signage and more
- Defining and being able to build a highly accurate map is essential for precise localisation and navigation of a self-driving car. As we need to be able to update and maintain our maps continuously, approaches to fully automate and scale this process are key in our research strategy
What you’ll need
- Strong academic background in computer vision and machine learning with a postgraduate degree, preferably a PhD
- Proven practical experience with relevant topics in computer vision and machine learning
- Experience with deep learning, and frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Close familiarity with the latest research on detection, segmentation, classification, tracking and SLAM
- Excellent command of Python
- Ability to write clean, elegant and maintainable production-level code
- Highly motivated to work in a research and prototyping environment, and to be getting your work into production
What’s nice to have
- Experience with modern C++ is a plus
- Preferably a strong publication record with the top-tier computer vision and machine learning conferences & journals
- Active participation in our scientific reading group
Meet your team
We’re Autonomous Driving (AD). Our product unit develops, delivers and maintains products for advanced driver-assistance systems and automated driving – with the TomTom HD Map at the core of our work. Every day, we welcome new challenges, do world-class R&D and apply it using the latest machine learning and computer vision techniques. On our team, you’ll not only play a part in making autonomous driving a reality, you’ll transform the way people commute while boosting safety and comfort for everyone on the road.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?