Here at Grubhub weve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether thats a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear whats your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a senior engineer in Simulation, youll be responsible for building GrubHubs advanced simulation tools that give insight into the future. GrubHub strives to be world-class in modeling diners, restaurants, drivers, and the real world in order to understand the impact of potential actions. This modeling allows GrubHub to make the right decisions that provide its customers with the best foreseeable experience. Youll build systems that will run thousands of times every second to make sure GrubHubs logistics network is operating as efficiently as possible. Youll work closely with data scientists, decision engineers, systems engineers, product managers and operations specialists to design how GrubHubs delivery network will scale up. Youll be responsible for findings ways to improve the fidelity of simulations, provide new functionality in simulations, and build tooling to make ideas easy to test.
- Build highly-scalable, world-class algorithms that solve difficult optimization and logistics problems. Understand how to translate research into working software.
- Work with product and operations leaders to understand the needs of our business and our customers and provide solutions for those needs.
- Design extensible software architectures that allow GrubHub to be agile and react to changes quickly.
- Design reliable software and processes that allow GrubHub to offer a high-quality experience. Deal with edge cases gracefully and put processes in place to ensure we do everything we can to provide a great experience for each customer
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. Be an engineering thought leader within your team and the organization.
You Should Have
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field and 5+ years experience building highly-scalable applications (delivery or real-time logistics preferred)
- Alternatively, a Masters Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering-related field and 3+ years building highly-scalable applications (delivery or real-time logistics preferred)
- Experience with real-time logistics or simulation
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Java, C#, C++, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Python or similar scripting or data science language
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with linear optimization, analytical models or machine learning will be a strong plus
- Familiarity with shortest path finding, routing, capacity management, forecasting, and time estimation algorithms and techniques a major plus
- Familiarity with simulation techniques a major plus
- Strong statistics background and experience a major plus
And Of Course, Perks!
Flexible PTO. Its true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
PTO. Its true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, theyre granted Restricted Stock Units, which means were all in it to win it.
Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.