As a Senior Director for Applications Development, youll play a key role in our global transaction processing team and in defining the strategy for our core payment processing platform. Youll manage the strategy for your function, owning the delivery of multiple goals including moving our front ends to the cloud, leading on an automation-first approach and increasingly moving our teams to an agile approach.
You will be responsible for the full systems development life-cycle of projects/programs for the Greenhouse South Authorization Platform (GSAP) platform covering North American and Asia Pacific regions primarily. This includes applications such as Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Customer Masterfile (CMF), Transaction Data Store (TDS) and User Security Administrative Tool (USAT). You will provide leadership for the GSAP technical and business teams. You will collaborate with wider teams such as Production Support, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Auditing to ensure a positive experience for our merchants and customers. You will establish and maintain positive relations with senior business leaders in North America and Asia Pacific. Youll work to understand those business needs and partner with the delivery teams to meet or exceed these. You will also lead on establishing emerging technology trends in conjunction with stakeholders from Architecture and Engineering teams.
We work in a dynamic environment so you can expect to get involved with other responsibilities from time to time.
- Manage a complex portfolio of existing systems and new projects through effective cross-functional teams and priority setting
- Partner with functional leaders to address business requirements
- Ensure accurate and efficient policy development with oversight and ownership of all software development protocols and software release planning
- Work with I&O, PMO, and Business to set priorities and ensure alignment with other teams
- Manage resources to provide on-time and on-budget delivery of project initiatives
- Report program status to Steering Committee and Executive sponsors
- Ensure all environments, processes, and procedures are documented and updated as needed
- Perform regional and global functions as deemed necessary
- Produce KPI metrics to support goals and objectives and measure performance
- Effectively manage changing priorities and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Improve and/or implement processes and procedures where needed
- Work with external vendors, suppliers, outsourcing partners, and software vendors
- Establish SLA and contracts with various vendors for organization requirements
- Keep abreast of relevant emerging technology trends. Recommend appropriate changes to ensure trends are incorporated into strategic technology decisions
- Lead, assess and develop the team, inclusive of contract staff, through strong communication, empowerment, reward and coaching techniques
- Be a role model and enforce standard company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate ability to grasp a large, complex, multi-faceted business at a base level
- Use knowledge to set the overall technology strategy and drive business process improvement
- Strong overall knowledge of payment systems processing
- Business savvy to effectively communicate and work with other leaders in support of achieving business and technology goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to prepare reports, business cases, presentations, etc.
- Requires the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and technical staff
- Understand and promote secure coding practices
- Willingness to take ownership for own work and continuously improve the performance of self and team
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous delivery excellence
- Promote a continuous improvement culture across the team members and contributing delivery resources
- Knowledge and experience in Google/Azure Cloud and related technologies are preferred.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of IT and business/Payment Systems industry work experience preferred
- 5+ years of management experience required
- Experience in a global environment
- Requires advanced technical and business knowledge in software development, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines
- Collaboration with business and IT leadership to set direction and drive project execution
- Requires management of complex IT environment, multi-site projects using best practices
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.