Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.After applying, please check your email (including spam folder) for updates on this position.
Business Analyst Job Summary
The primary function of a Business Analyst is to work in close proximity with clients and determine solutions to fit their needs.
This position will work fluidly with other departments. The Business Analyst will act as a conduit to facilitate communication between Clients/Operations/Client Services and CTS (Conduent Technology Services).
This position will report into the Director or the BA Manager.
Business analysts are not only active in the scope and design of systems and system specifications but also with the testing, system validation, and implementation phases of a project as well. Business Analysts often work in a team, leading as the liaison between external or internal clients.
They are also responsible for mentoring other Business Analysts in so far as creating requirements, leading meetings, fostering client relationships, and project management.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the design and implementation of cost effective solutions that meet or exceed our clients expectations. The individual will use a variety of technical and presentational tools to understand and design these solutions in outline before passing the project on to the technical/programming team.
Key objectives of the Business Analyst are to pursue new and better ways of building solutions and develop additional value and knowledge from our data in the form of data-mining, etc.
The individual must foster creativity at every level and possess and employ analytical techniques to accomplish the goals set forth herein.
Ingenuity breeds success and we must continue to evolve ourselves, our habits and systems to meet the challenges ahead.
- Assists lower level Business Analysts
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Establishing detailed program/application specifications through discussion with internal and external clients.
- Data analysis, mining, dissemination
- Ensuring that all systems are adequately documented as to their purpose and function.
- Provide documentation to support the validation of Conduents applications.
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
- Taking direct ownership of all problems/tasks and working with others to resolve issues.
- Keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
- Working closely with technical specialists and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Ensuring that deadlines met by meeting regularly with CTS Management/PMO while communicating back to operations and client services.
- Delivering tested and validated applications that meet specifications with highly predictable results.
- Participating with all CTS staff and other departments throughout the corporation to build a cooperative team environment through frequent communication and interaction.
- Working with QA environments and facilitate end-to-end (unit and regression) testing by examining sample data sets to check output from programs/systems.
- Performing post-launch technical audits as part of a proactive QA process.
- Multitasking and managing assignments; coordinating the prioritization of assigned tasks with direct reports and project leads.
- Works with senior developers and technical leads to coordinate experts/contractors in the implementation of technical processes and services to meet business needs.
The guidelines presented below are meant to help present best practices and created a direction for our work.
They should not be viewed as constraints.
All tasks and hours must be accounted for and accurately reported.
All work produced must be archived, documented and made ready for deployment as specified in Conduents Business Process documentation.
The Business Analyst will assist all CTS team members with delivering tested deployable solutions and working within the acceptable boundaries of the CTS group.
These boundaries should be considered a general framework comprised of the following elements:
- Foster the strategic technological direction of the company.
- Sustain a cost effective approach (measured by the cost to deploy/maintain vs. the direct or indirect benefits to the organization).
- Assist in building solutions that are maintainable both near and long term.
- ess requirements and specification writing to include:
- Creation of user stories and acceptance criteria
- File Interface Agreement (FIA) or Data Exchange Document (DED) creation
- Analysis and investigative capabilities
- JAD Participation and/or Facilitation
- Time & Cost (T&C) Estimate preparation
- Presentation skills
- Project Management
- End to End testing experience with Client IT Teams and/or Vendors
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 3 to 5 years of previous IT Business Analysis experience
- 3 years of experience in Health care, information technology or healthcare payer operation required.
- Call Center experience
- Salesforce/CRM experience
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) experience
- Agile Methodology
- SQL, SSRS, Informatica, Business Intelligence experience
- Telephony (Voice) knowledge
(VoIP, CTI, IVR)
Prior experience in a similar role is required
· A minimum of three years of experience in Information Technology, healthcare, or healthcare payer operations required.
· Experience in SQL, HIPAA transactions, and Enrollment domain
· Experience in IBM Rational Tools (Clear Quest, ReqPro), SharePoint, Visio, MS Word, Excel, etc is a plus
· 3 5 years of experience in creating maps for transforming transactions from one format to another
· 3 5 years of experience in writing BRDs, FRDs and use cases.
· Analyzing business rules and applying custom validation to Technical Requirements.
· Assist in troubleshooting, resolving and establishing Technical Solution.
· Provide technical support of the applications, maps and interfaces.
· Work with internal management, team members and external partners to understand interface requirements.
· Monitor and recommend enhancements to the technical architecture to keep pace with changing business demands and scale.
· Be able to clearly communicate business requirements, requested changes and testing results.
· Be able to work with a variety of people, and be able to communicate with remote teams.
· Excellent reasoning and problem solving skills.
· Understand SDLC
· Completes other duties as assigned
Location:This position is located in Atlanta, GA.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the Submit button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.