Image Science Engineer
Image Science Engineer
Job Code: SIS20181412-29277
Job Location: Herndon, VA or Rochester, NY
- Provides image science expertise to conduct image/product quality analysis throughout TCPED chain.
- Assess utility of image processing routines and advanced algorithms operating on today’s baseline and emerging remote sensing systems.
- Investigates, analyzes and provides solutions to complex problems encountered by engineering services and quality control using standard engineering practices.
- Authors technical documents and presentations.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Optics, Physics, Imaging Science, Mathematics, or Engineering equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- At least 1 year of experience working with remotely sensed data.
- An understanding of image processing techniques and software tools.
- Knowledge of ground processing architectures and image processing algorithms for passive remote sensing systems.
- Experience as a Technical Contributor developing solutions for customers, e.g. image processing algorithms, engineering tools to interrogate/measure various characteristics of image data.
- Ability to develop engineering-level (not production-level) software routines in Python, C, C++, or Matlab.
- Experience with ENVI/IDL programming, MATLAB, Python, UNIX based scripting, and/or C++ programming.
- Exposure to Advanced Geospatial Intelligence (AGI) and FSG (Full Spectrum GEOINT).
- Exposure to analysis, exploitation, advanced processing of Visible and IR electro-optical (EO) systems.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Please be aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.