Our client is recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, with a commitment to delivering superior gaming experiences. Their business division has locations in San Diego, San Francisco, London, and Tokyo. Everyone is committed to delivering an industry-leading, enhanced gaming experience built on imagination, creativity, and the teams profound passion for gaming. Be a part of a company that thrives on the cutting edge of technology, and join them in shaping the future of interactive entertainment.
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Lead a team of highly engaged software engineers to develop a new high volume e-commerce global payment processing system
- Be the key contributor to the architectural direction for large-scale commerce systems.
- Become a component owner who works both hands-on and provides technical oversight to others in order to implement interactive web-based services and commerce capabilities using sound technology choices.
- Maintain operational ownership of mission-critical components running in the production environment.
- Become a subject matter expert and provide strong technical leadership and mentoring.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years large scale programming and systems experience using Java
- Experience building scalable systems with low latency and high throughput, including operationalization and monitoring.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and implementation approaches
- Hands-on development experience in architecting and building a data pipeline
- Experience developing web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON).
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Experience with eCommerce, especially with the design and development of global payment processing systems, and integrating 3rd party acquiring platforms.
- Understanding of best practices used in building software within PCI requirements.
- Hands-on experience with different types of NoSQL data stores, messaging or pub-sub queuing systems.
- Experience leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
- Experience with AWS services (such as kinesis, Elasticsearch, Dynamodb, HBase, Aurora).
- Experience with caching solutions such as
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- You possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills and are able to work with others at all levels.
- Youre effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and look for ways to make things better. Youre not afraid to ask questions.
- You have natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate yourself and others to drive toward excellence
Applicants must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer. Sponsorship/Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Staff Smart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
No 3rd Party Vendors, please.