Senior Data Scientist
As Duos advanced research team, Labs leverages its deep industry knowledge and innovation to protect customers and the public at large. Spanning security researchers, engineers and data scientists, they prototype new features and products, build internal tools, and analyze datasets.
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duos mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And thats why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Are you passionate about machine learning and solving hard security problems to help organizations of all sizes? Do you want to be a part of a pragmatic and diverse group of data scientists while collaborating with security experts in Duos industry-leading security department? If yes, then you might be a good fit for this role.
On Duos data science team, we use machine learning and statistics to bring new product capabilities and analytical insights to our customers. We sit inside of Duo Labs, an advanced research group that uses deep industry knowledge and innovation to protect customers and the public at large. Spanning security researchers, engineers and data scientists, Labs prototypes new features and products, builds internal tools, and extracts insights from data.
What you'll do...
- Research and prototype new threat detection product features, making Duos products even more effective and usable.
- Develop machine learning approaches to address key challenges, such as robustness against active adversaries, explainability of predictions, and usability by organizations with limited security resources. Publication is encouraged.
- Design machine learning systems that deliver highly scalable, low-latency results on streaming data.
- Influence strategic direction for the data science at Duo.
- Work closely with Duos engineering team to deliver your advances into the hands of millions of users at thousands of Duo customers.
You should have...
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and experience implementing them. You know how to test whether your classifier is working and how to fix problems if it isnt. You can develop custom approaches to challenging problems.
- An MS or PhD in a quantitative field such as statistics or computer science, or demonstrated ability to perform original research.
- Familiarity with at least one data analysis environment (Python/pandas/sklearn, R, etc.).
- Proficiency in software engineering (source control, writing modular and testable code, etc.).
- A penchant for working collaboratively within and across teams.
- The ability to clearly communicate your ideas to people without a background in machine learning.
- The agility to work in the rapid, unpredictable environment of a high-growth tech organization.
Even better if you have...
- A solid foundation in statistics, including the ability to design and analyze results of experiments.
- Experience working on security and privacy problems.
- Experience performing machine learning at scale, especially using Apache Spark and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience modeling time series data.
- Applied deep learning to solve a problem.
- Visualization skills.
- Experience building production software.
3 Reasons why you should apply
- Access to large stores of data, computing resources, and anything else you need to help you get your job done.
- A company culture of kindness, transparency, and learning. Employees love Duo.
- Ability to positively impact millions of users. Customers love Duo.
This job may not be for you if
- You stress under ambiguity and lack of precedent. Were building something new and that often means clearing our own path.
- You want a pure research role. Making sure our solutions work at scale requires us to collaborate closely with the data engineering team on challenging engineering problems. Our job is not finished when we have a working prototype.
- You want to spend your days hacking the planet. Keep an eye out for security researcher roles on our Duo Labs team.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duos achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veterans status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you dont meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer