Senior Professional, Data Modeling
Corelogic Solutions LLC
San Diego, CA
Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
The Senior Professional, Data Modeler is a hands-on database developer who has deep experience in information management, data warehousing, Big Data, data science, and analytics technologies to develop data models for the enterprise data repository through a detailed knowledge of the underlying data, products, and analytics solutions.
The Sr Pro, Data Modeler will be responsible for the creation of the conceptual and logical data models for the Enterprise Data Group (EDG). In addition the Sr Pro, Data Modeler will identify, document, and design new data models at the enterprise level for new and existing data assets for the Integrated Data and Analytics Platform (IDAP). This will include the modeling of the data structure for the data workflow and curation processes into the Enterprise Data Repository (EDR). The ability to understand and derive linkages between disparate data models for structured and unstructured data will be vital to the overall objectives of the position.
The Sr Pro, Data Modeler will consult with data management, data operations, data analytics, enterprise architecture and development staff to design and implement scripts, programs, databases, and software components. The Sr Pro, Data Modeler will interact with multiple business units to analyze and support database designs and gain an in depth understanding of potential uses of the data at the enterprise level.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of relational database and big data model systems.
- Creation and maintenance of conceptual and logical data models for EDG and the Integrated Data and Analytics Platform (IDAP).
- Responsible for Model Freezing and Model Version Management.
- Responsible for reverse engineering and synchronizing existing legacy data models.
- nsible for database solution design: Reco
- mend and monitor overall standards and procedures,
- Provide solution design guidance to other technical staff, and assist in integrating various systems,
- Be responsible for data classification, naming, design of the database.
- Consult with users to determine requirements needed to guide development of the data models.
- Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear objectives and concrete goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Works with technical staff and business analysts to understand the business requirements and business processes, design enterprise data warehouse (EDW) schema and define extract-translate-load (ETL) and/or extract-load-translate (ELT) processes for EDW.
- Participates in Technology Solutions Group (TSG) and Enterprise Data Group (EDG) projects, and works with analytical groups and IT to ensure implementation using Agile (Scrum and Sprint) and Waterfall methods.
- Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members.
*Posting Job Requirements
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering).
- 5+ years of experience as an Architect or Data Modeler on data warehouse projects using relational and No-SQL technologies.
- ERwin, Embarcadero, or other data modeling tools.
- Experience with cloud databases (AWS, GCP).
- Experience with dimensional modeling.
- Experience with reporting tools (Looker, Tableau).
- Experience with graph database.
- Knowledge and experience with linked data standards, creation, and manipulation.
- Extensive expertise in Oracle/SQL/MySQL/Hadoop databases, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with Enterprise Data Warehouse tools and technologies.
- Extensive experience for collecting business requirements from customers, and transforms the requirements into database data processes, data models and data schema.
- Hands-on experience with mapping and transformation engines.
- Proficient in SQL for data analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in Big Data suite of tools such as Greenplum, Kafka, Spark, Hive, and Big Query.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with attention to detail for complex, detail-oriented work.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Structured thinker and communicator, comfortable with interacting with customers.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across business units and internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to establish strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and across organizational boundaries in a highly demanding environment.
- Flexible in organizing work, operating productively and effectively in a dynamic environment, involving in a variety of simultaneous projects.
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyones unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
% Travel Involved