eDiscovery Operations Manager
* This role can also be based out in Los Angeles, New York City or Washington D.C.
*This position will be closed on March 13th, if of interest be sure to apply before or on that date at the latest.
The eDiscovery Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of the Operations teams, including the eDiscovery Data Processing team, Production team, Quality Assurance team and Application Support team. The Operations teams use a variety of technologies and workflows to complete client requests, including media logging, data processing, electronic data discovery analysis, data filtering, exporting and loading to hosting platforms, preparing document productions and performing quality control of all deliveries, etc.The eDiscovery Operations Manager is responsible for the workflows used by each of the above teams to provide a high-quality deliverable for the client. The eDiscovery Operations Manager will oversee these teams in a fast-paced environment, ensuring optimum productivity, quality and compliance with client-driven deadlines. This person will improve and implement tools and processes to efficiently automate data analysis and manipulation tasks in the e-Discovery environment and actively manage staff to achieve desired performance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all workflows and output of the eDiscovery Data Processing, Production, and QA teams.
- Manage the Operations Team Leads to effect change and results and achieve the overall goals of efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction. Collaborate with internal clients to establish department goals and meet those goals.
- Conduct performance management and goals management with the Operations team. Actively manage and provide strong and consistent leadership to mentor and develop the technical capabilities and performance of the teams members.
- Ensure that staffing schedules and staff utilization are appropriate for expected volume of work and shift coverage.
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to gather, analyze and design staffing models that effectively utilize staff and demonstrate high efficiency for the Operations teams.
- Develop and standardize processes and procedures to ensure work is performed in a defensible manner, is of high quality and meets industry standards.
- Manage prioritization and issue escalation within the teams and with the Project Managers and act as a resource for escalation.
- Work with the Development team to identify issues and preemptively resolve them.
- Work with the Development and Management teams to identify new workflows that automate processes which improve quality, increase throughput and reduce human time.
- Ensure that issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner, that appropriate follow up communication occurs and that preventive measures are implemented to avoid recurrence of those issues.
- Collaborate with the Head of Global Operations on continued development or improvement of the Operations teams, development or improvement of services offered and any additional duties the Head of Global Operations assigns.
- Manage the Operations team leads and ensure appropriate workflows are being used for each job; answer questions and address escalations.
- Consult with the Project Management team to define appropriate workflows and timelines for client requests.
Knowledge and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of NUIX, Relativity, Microsoft SQL; working knowledge of basic digital forensics tools such as Encase, Cellebrite and FTK.
- Through advice and consultation to colleagues and clients, demonstrate strong knowledge of the EDRM model and overall litigation lifecycle and the tools used for forensics, media logging, data processing, document production and hosting databases.
- Leadership experience necessary to define and decide resource allocation based on skillset.
- Experience with developing leadership skills, fostering teamwork, motivating, coaching, providing technical mentorship and developing staff.
- Ability to shift priorities to address changes in events and assigned goals.
- Experienced in coaching employees and team members on ways to enhance their levels of performance and developing their skills
- Oversee multiple tasks simultaneously with knowledge to prioritize appropriately.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with internal staff and senior management.
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills.
- Multilingual (English and Spanish)
- Relativity and NUIX certifications
- T-SQL, PowerShell, VB, and .net languages
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science or information management, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years management experience with at least 5-7 years experience in the litigation support or eDiscovery support industry
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Tools: NUIX, Relativity, Encase, FTK, Cellebrite, Brainspace, NexLP, and other standard EDD tools sets.
- Working knowledge of best practices in the eDiscovery life cycle
- Relativity Certified Administrator qualification is a plus
- Programming languages are a plus
Owns problems, identifies and works with the right people to solve problems quickly within own remit and wider team(s)
Innovation and creativity
Reviews and looks for efficiencies in ways of working; Constantly seeks innovative ways to improve services we offer to our clients
Shows initiative in work, contributing new solutions or new ways of doing things
- Is prepared to make decisions and carry out effective implementation of those decisions
- Translates decisions into effective actions and implementation
- Acts decisively and make difficult decisions even if unpopular
- Delivers on personal objectives to deliver on strategic and department plans
- Focuses on delivery, strives to exceed expectations
- Shows drive and determination to achieve high standards
Driving profit-margin improvement
- Suggests and makes improvements and efficiencies to manage costs and improve margins
- Understands need to work within project scope including price
Communication, planning work and influencing
- Communicates clearly and concisely using language appropriate to audience
- Displays sensitivity to develop constructive relationships with others
- Plans and organizes workload of self and others, suggests priorities as necessary
All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
How to apply
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, email a cover letter and CV to:
The file name of your resume must include your name. Please specify the vacancy you are applying for including the location in the subject of the email.