Toronto, ON, Canada
Major Bank looking to hire a Data Scientist for their Toronto office for a 6 month contract + extension
Role: Data Scientist
Duration: 6 months, plus likely extension
Rate: Open *depending on experience
Location: Toronto, ON
Our client, a globally recognized bank is looking to hire a Data Scientists for a minimum 6 months based in Toronto to join their team..
Your new company
A leading bank, with offices across Canada and throughout the world are looking for a Data Scientists for a 6 month contract in their Toronto office. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your new role
You will be working as a Data Scientist to work on the end to end flow of a broad range of analytics use cases, to deliver real business value. From engaging with business stakeholders and understanding the problem, assisting data engineers in acquiring and processing the data, building and testing the appropriate model, to overseeing the deployment into production. We need people with experience of applying data science techniques to real world use cases, and seeing these designs through to completion and generating value from their models.
What you'll need to succeed
* Graduated from a top-tier university in applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, quantitative finance or related scientific area.
* Deep understanding of the theoretical grounds of machine learning and of the corresponding mathematical framework.
* Strong statistical knowledge is an asset for this position.
* Strong programming skills (Python), with exposure to Data Science/ Visualisation packages such as SciKit Learn, Keras/ Tensorflow, Plotly
* Experience in delivering data science solutions into production
* Preferably an understanding of distributed compute environments e.g. MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, H2O
* Good understanding of global markets, markets macrostructure and macro economics
* Critical mind and ability to challenge, intuition of implicit assumptions in mathematical developments.
* Good communication skills (written and spoken), ability to engage with different stakeholders and to synthesize.
What you'll get in return
The client is offering a 6 month engagement, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.