Scientist, Recommendation Systems
As a Scientist on the Personalization and Discovery team, youll help us change the way people listen. You will be at the center of the next generation audio service creation, utilizing advanced algorithms to bring a delightful and personalized listening experiences that is easy to access. For this role, we are looking for a scientist who is experienced with applied machine learning in recommendation systems, to join a strong team of scientists with diverse expertise to create high impact product features.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to improve many recommendation based Pandora product features, by formulating machine learning/statistical/optimization approaches to solve problems
- Contribute to research, prototype and engineering of new personalized recommendation and discovery algorithms
- Use data insights to propose new solutions and extend our system capabilities
- Communicate effectively with product and engineering teams and dive into production engineering systems
- PhD in a quantitative field with working knowledge of machine learning, computer science a plus
- Strong background in specialized information retrieval and matrix factorization and other collaborative filtering techniques for recommendation systems, and experience with general machine learning/statistical modeling techniques, including regression, classification, ensemble Methods, DNN.
- Familiarity with current research in the above areas
- Experience in model building in Python and manipulating large scale datasets in Hive and/or Spark
- Publications in communities such as Recsys, WWW, WSDM, KDD, SIGIR, or related conferences and journals
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language
- 1 years of related industry experience
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In Your Email, Please Include The Following
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application process.
The location or office to which you would like to apply.
The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".