Job Number: R0048795
Data Scientist, Mid
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by machine learning, artificial intelligence advances, and IoT? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors-from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence-you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the DoD and federal agencies. Youll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. Youll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, and apply machine learning to turn disparate data points into objective answers to help our nations services and leaders make data-driven decisions. Youll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in the DoD and federal agencies.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career
At Booz Allen, we know the power of data science and machine intelligence and were dedicated to helping you grow as a data scientist. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, Splunk, and other open source and emerging tools
- a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowlthe worlds premier data science for social good competition
- participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
- Experience with one or more statistical analytical programming languages, including Python or R
- Experience with source control and dependency management software, including Git or Maven
- Experience with using relational databases, including MySQL
- Experience with identifying analytic insight in data, developing visualizations, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, including Java and C++
- Knowledge of various machine learning algorithms and their designs, capabilities, and limitations
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- Ability to build complex extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) pipelines to clean and fuse data together
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with designing and implementing custom machine learning algorithms
- Experience with graph algorithms and semantic Web
- Experience with designing and setting up relational databases
- Experience with Big Data computing environments, including Hadoop
- Experience with Navy mission systems
- MA degree in Mathematics, CS, or a related quantitative field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Were an EOE that empowers our peopleno matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristicto fearlessly drive change.
, CJ1, GD13, MPPC, SIG2017