Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Long-Term Contract Opportunity
What are we looking for?
Our highly respected client in the Atlanta area is currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist to be responsible for performing large-scale statistical analysis for identifying opportunities, evaluating existing gaps, and proposing scalable solutions.
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will lead model building, evaluation and production from end to end to strengthen our clients recommendation, personalization and overall site experience.
You will be expected to operate with minimal supervisions and mentor data scientists to complete analytical tasks and productionalize model-driven solutions.
How will you make an impact?
- Perform statistical analysis for identifying opportunities, evaluating existing gaps and proposing scalable solutions
- Design and develop algorithms and models to improve search and personalization
- Establish scalable, efficient processes for large scale data analysis, model development and model implementation
- Present findings in easy to understand ways and focus on how data analytics first into the bigger picture
- Communicate with product management, IT and other business teams on problem definition and writing requirement documents for efficient model building and deployment
- Mentor and develop the technical and business skills of Data Scientists
- Define best practices and articulate a clear vision for how data analysis and model production should be done
Requirements + Qualifications
- PHD in Computer Science or Math
- Experience with recommender systems, information retrieval, graph analysis, statistical modeling, neural network and natural language processes
- Experience with large-scale data analysis and building high-performance computational software
- Experience with e-Commerce and analyzing clickstream data
- Experience with big data environment: Spark, Hadoop, Hive
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Java or Python
- Statistics/Data Analysis experience such as Python or R
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing and integration testing
- Experience working with real-world noisy data
- Strong data mining and machine learning background is preferred