ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalon Data
Reports to: Product Owner Zalon Data
Team Size: >10
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Taryn Bonugli
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a cutting-edge data products? We are ramping up our data team to support and scale Zalon’s machine learning, analytics and business needs. To do so we are looking for an analytical problem solver that likes to work in an agile and cross-functional team with the challenge to shape, build and refine the future of the company’s data quality for our services together with the integration of machine learning algorithms.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will communicate with the data scientists (or machine learning experts or research engineers) and exchange ideas about solutions to the existent and potential problems. You will do this by identifying the right components and putting them together in the correct manner.
- You will work closely with product owners and the business counterparts, acting as a sparring partner on technical solutions to our immediate challenges.
- You design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions, that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability.
- You will be accountable for all aspects of your work as you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as-well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3 years of professional programming experience in Scala (nice to have Java and Python) in a commercial environment with a solid understanding of how algorithms work.
- Ability to work in a very agile environment with a proactive attitude to collaborate and try out things to fail fast and learn faster
- Ability to use python for ML prototyping together with a basic understanding of front-end technologies and platforms.
- Solid understanding of data structures, coding standards, best practices, software design, architecture.
- Interest in setting up monitoring, tracking and reporting, designing and implementing pipelines for training and deploying new models.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, particularly using cloud infrastructure such as AWS. Knowledge of microservice architecture and distributed systems is also advantageous.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations) diverse sports and health offerings
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalon is the successful story of curating and delivering complete outfits for our customers. For that our platform connects customers with fashion experts. Being part of Europe’s Leading Technology Fashion Platform, we live and breathe excellent software engineering.
This is us: https://youtu.be/pb8yvHgVvBs
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.