This position can be based in Boston, MA or Atlanta, GA.
The Analytics and Data Science Presales team is looking for talented and motivated solution consultants that want to have a career in preparing, presenting, and convincing customers of innovative TIBCO solutions. As a Solutions Consultant specializing in Analytics and Data Science, you would work closely with TIBCOs sales team in understanding the customers problem, designing/building a prototype, and presenting the solution. You will have the opportunity to learn leading edge approaches in visual analytics, cloud technologies and streaming analytics across a variety of verticals.
To be considered for this role, the minimum requirements are a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Data Science related disciplines and 3+ years of R or Python experience (post-internship).
We are looking for motivated individuals willing to take on the following responsibilities:
- Quickly identify, develop, and present innovative solutions to a customers problem.
- Work with business and technical analysts to assist in exploring solutions and deriving more value from TIBCOs solutions.
- Learn effective approaches in persuading customers of the benefits of a TIBCO solution.
- Customer Engagement through presales support and post-sales consulting projects.
- Collaborate across stakeholder team on specific industry knowledge, analytics use cases and customer stories.
- Apply techniques such as machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modeling to deliver business value.
- Create re-usable data models, workflows and test suites in order to streamline project delivery.
- Product; providing input into product management and engineering for product roadmap.
- Innovation; innovate in the area of application and deployment of machine learning
- Tool Kit Development; creating demos and templates.
- Technical Marketing; creating white papers, blogs and content for the TIBCO user community.
To meet the above responsibilities, one should have the following qualifications:
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related analytical field of study with graduate classes in statistics and data mining.
- The ability to comfortably communicate with senior industry personnel, provide compelling presentations and demonstrations of analytics software, and the business value of analytics projects demonstrating domain knowledge in a key Industry such as Financial Services, Manufacturing, Energy, Telecommunications or Retail.
- 3+ years of experience in advanced data analysis and delivery of demonstrations, projects, engagements or deployed software applications. Experience with applying predictive analytics such as machine learning and optimization techniques to large, complex and disparate data sources.
- 3+ years of experience with R or Python and some knowledge of SQL and experience with other software environments e.g. SAS, Matlab, Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview, SPSS, KNIME and/or other data mining tools.
- Must be proactive, intellectually curious, motivated and not afraid to challenge the status quo or offer innovative new ideas/approaches.
- Capable of working in in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- No travel required.