Title: Research Engineer Immersive Media
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Standards and 5G Mobility Innovation (SMI)
Location: Plano, TX
Position Summary: SRA-SMI Lab is recruiting multiple world-class professionals and researchers in the area of Immersive Media processing and distribution over 5G networks. You will be a part of an innovative, hands-on team at Samsung that is driving the technology and standards for enabling next generation true-to-life 6D immersive media experience on Samsung products and services.
· Research and develop cutting edge technology in one or more of these areas: Video/Graphics/Image processing, AI/Machine learning, Computer vision, Cloud media processing and Compression related to Immersive media (e.g. Point clouds, 6DoF, AR/VR).
· Build/assist in prototyping the developed ideas on cloud platforms and mobile devices.
· Ph.D. is required (rare exception available to highly qualified candidates only)
· Expertise in one or more of the following:
o Video/Graphics/Image processing
o Deep Learning architectures and frameworks
o Computer vision
o Compression (MPEG-I PCC, VVC, HEVC etc.)
o Cloud media processing
o Network design and IP protocols
· Advanced coding and programming skills in one or more of: C/C++, Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV, Matlab, GPU programming.
· Ability to work within Samsung in cross-functional, cross-divisional teams.
· Experience with Android/Linux system software or Cloud platforms such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm is a plus.