Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to enable innovation. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fueled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. Its not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
The purpose of a Cloud Data Architect is to design solution that enable data scientists and analysts to gain insights into data using data-driven cloud based services and infrastructures. At Cloudreach, they will be subject matter experts and will be responsible for the stakeholder management and technical leadership for data ingestion and processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms and prior experience working with big data tooling and frameworks is required.
What will you do at Cloudreach?
- Build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, AWS, Azure or GCP big data frameworks and services.
- Work with the product and software team to provide feedback surrounding data-related technical issues and support for data infrastructure needs uncovered during customer engagements / testing.
- Understand and formulate processing pipelines of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Working alongside Cloud Data Engineers, Cloud System Developers and Cloud Enablement Manager to implement Data Engineering solutions
- Collaborating with the customers data scientists and data stewards during workshop sessions to uncover more detailed business requirements related to data engineering
- This position requires travel up to 70% (M-F) any given week, with an average of 50% per year
What do we look for?
The Cloud Data Architect has extensive experience working with big data tools and supporting cloud services, a pragmatic mindset focused on translating functional and non-functional requirements into viable architectures, and ideally a consultancy background, leading a highly skilled team on engagements that implement complex and innovative data solutions for clients.
In addition, the Cloud Data Architect thrives in a collaborative and agile environment with an ability to learn new concepts easily.
- ience in building scalable end-to-end data ingestion and processing solutions Good
- understanding of data infrastructure and distributed computing principles Profi
- cient at implementing data processing workflows using Hadoop and frameworks such as Spark and Flink Good
- understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI Abili
- ty to identify and select the right tools for a given problem, such as knowing when to use a relational or non-relational database Worki
- ng knowledge of non-relational and row/columnar based relational databases Exper
- ience with Machine Learning toolkits Exper
- ience with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages, such as Python, Java and Scala
- Demonstrable working experience
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Delivering production scale data engineering solutions leveraging one or more cloud services
- Confidently taking responsibility for the technical output of a project
- Ability to quickly pick up new skills and learn on the job
- Comfortably working with various stakeholders such as data scientists, architects and other developers
- Solid communication skills: You can clearly articulate the vision and confidently communicate with all stakeholder levels: Cloudreach, Customer, 3rd Parties and Partners - both verbal and written. You are able to identify core messages and act quickly and appropriately.
- A MacBook Pro and smartphone.
- Unique cloudy culture -- we work hard and play hard.
- Uncapped holidays and your birthday off.
- World-class training and career development opportunities through our own Cloudy University.
- Centrally-located offices.
- Fully stocked kitchen and team cloudy lunches, taking over a restaurant or two every Friday.
- Office amenities like pool tables and Xbox on the big screen TV.
- Working with a collaborative, social team, and growing your skills faster than you will anywhere else.
- Full benefits and 401k match.
- Kick-off events at cool locations throughout the country.
What are our cloudy perks?