We are seeking a deeply experienced technical leader to lead the next generation of engineering investments, and culture for the GCO Customer Care Platform (CCP). The technical leader in this role will help design, engineer and drive implementation of critical pieces of the EG-wide architecture (platform and applications) for customer care - these areas include, but limited to unified voice support, partner on boarding with configurable rules, Virtual agent programming model for all partners, and intelligent fulfillment. In addition, a key focus of this leader's role will also be to grow and mentor junior software engineers in GCO with a focus on building out a '2020 world-class engineering excellence' vision / culture.
What you’ll do:
- Deep Technology Leadership (Design, Implementation, and Execution for the follow);
- Ship next-gen EG-wide architecture (platform and applications) that enable 90% of automated self-service journeys with voice as a first-class channel from day zero
- Design and ship a VA (Virtual Agent) Programming Model that enables partners standup intelligent virtual agents on CCP declaratively in minutes
- Enable brand partners to onboard their own identity providers onto CCP
- Enable partners to configure their workflows and business rules for their Virtual Agents
- Programming Model for Intelligent actions in the Fulfillment layer
- Integration of Context and Query as first-class entities into the Virtual Agent
- Cross-Group Collaboration and Influence
- Work with company-wide initiatives across AI Labs, BeX to build out a Best of Breed
- Conversational Platform for EG-wide apps
- Engage with and translate internal and external partner requirements into platform investments for effective on boarding of customers
- Represent GCO's Technical Architecture at senior leadership meetings (eCP and EG) to influence and bring back enhancements to improve CCP
Help land GCO 2020 Engineering and Operational Excellence Goals
Mentor junior developers on platform engineering excellence dimensions (re-usable patterns, extensibility, configurability, scalability, performance, and design / implementation of core platform pieces)
Help develop a level of engineering muscle across GCO that becomes an asset for EG (as a provider of platform service as well as for talent)
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 20 years of experience designing and developing complex, mission-critical, distributed software systems on a variety of platforms in high-tech industries
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, and delivering (shipping) V1 (version one) MVP enterprise software products and solutions in a technical (engineering and architecture) capacity
- Experience in building strong relationships with technology partners, customers, and getting closure on issues including delivering on time and to specification
- Skills: Linux/ Windows/VMS, Scala, Java, Python, C#, C++, Object Oriented Design (OOD), Spark, Kafka, REST/Web Services, Distributed Systems, Reliable and scalable transaction processing systems (HBase, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Rdb)
- Nice to have: Experience in building highly scalable real-time processing platforms that hosts machine learning algorithms for Guided / Prescriptive Learning
Identifies and solves problems at the company level while influencing product lines
- Provides technical leadership in difficult times or serious crises
- Key strategic player to long-term business strategy and vision
- Recognized as an industry expert and is a recognized mentor and leader at the company Provides strategic influence across groups, projects and products
- Provides long term product strategy and vision through group level efforts
- Drive for results: Is sought out to lead company-wide initiatives that deliver cross-cutting lift to the organization and provides leadership in a crisis and is a key player in long-term business strategy and vision
- Technical/Functional skills: Proves credentials as industry experts by inventing and delivering transformational technology/direction and helps drive change beyond the company and across the industry
- Has the vision to impact long-term product/technology horizon to transform the entire industry
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.