Front End Developer (Remote OK)
Are you interested in scalability & distributed systems? Do you want to work to help shaping a discovery engine powered by cutting edge technologies and machine learning at scale? If you answered yes to the above questions, Mix's Research and Development is the team for you!
In this role, you'll be part of a small and innovative team comprised of engineers and data scientists working together to understand content by leveraging machine learning and NLP technologies. You will have the opportunity to work on core problems like detection of low quality content or spam, text semantic analysis, video and image processing, content quality assessment and monitoring. Our code operates at massive scale, ingesting, processing and indexing millions of URLs.
- Write code to build an infrastructure, which is capable of scaling based on the load
- Collaborate with researchers and data scientists to integrate innovative Machine Learning and NLP techniques with our serving, cloud and data infrastructure
- Automate build and deployment process, and setup monitoring and alerting systems
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle, including writing documentation and conducting code reviews
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, object oriented programming and distributed systems
- Fluency in OO programming language, such as Scala (preferred), Java, C, C++
- 3+ years demonstrated expertise in stream processing platforms like Apache Flink, Apache Storm and Apache Kafka
- 2+ years experience with a cloud platform like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- 2+ years experience with monitoring frameworks, and analyzing production platforms, UNIX servers and mission critical systems with alerting and self-healing systems
- Creative thinker and self-starter
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark or other MapReduce solutions
- Knowledge of statistics or machine learning