Senior Data Scientist
SparkCognition is an AI leader that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, oil and gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, SparkCognition develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT.
SparkCognition is looking for innovative Data Scientists to join our team to help create the next generation of analytics and artificial intelligence solutions. At SparkCognition, you will immerse yourself in cutting-edge research and work with the latest technologies to deliver value in the Industrial IoT and Defense spaces.
- Building models to solve specific problems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Feature engineering using various techniques for the enhancement of data
- Performing feature selection on original and generated data
- Using machine learning tools to develop and train models
- Performing efficacy testing of the models
- Building automated tools that enable data scientists to more effectively perform tasks such as data cleaning, feature generation, feature selection, or model building
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Working with a team to help solve new, never-before-solved challenges across multiple industries
- Must be a US Citizen
- Understanding and experience using machine learning techniques and algorithms, including but not limited to: Linear Models, Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Bayesian Techniques, Clustering, Anomaly Detection, and more
- Experience with data science languages, such as Python, R, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, etc
- Great communication skills
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills, especially Python
- Experience managing large volumes of data (terabytes or more)
- Graduate degree (or equivalent industry experience), in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Linguistics, Electrical Engineering, Economics, or a related scientific discipline
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, or an MPP environment a plus
- Experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, REST, React, Java/C#, SQL and no-SQL databases a plus
- Experience with NLP, Big Data Analytics, and Graphing techniques a plus