The mission of the DTO inside Airbus Defence and Space is to actively support the business and help drive the transformation, and is articulated around the following objectives:
• Animate the community of Airbus group digital stakeholders and connect the dots in order to promote information and best practices sharing.
• Promote and facilitate the portfolio of initiatives; capture lessons learnt to accelerate, scale-up and spread most promising projects beyond the current boundaries.
• Help establish a value proposition framework for digital initiatives, including new business models approaches when appropriate.
• Sponsor and/or drive a set of proof of concepts or breakthrough projects, in close coordination with key stakeholders.
• Drive Airbus Group data strategy.
• Ensure proper access to market best practices through structured and focused benchmarking or partnerships.
• Manage the appropriate coordination and synergies between Group initiatives.
• Drive and accompany business transformation in a digital environment.
Lead the development and deployment of data analytics activities and expertise on digital projects encompassing processes and solutions while making sure the following objectives are met:
• Time, Cost, Quality and respecting existing Airbus project management processes.
• Adherence to requirements.
• Challenging to create the best value proposition and solution for the business.
• Efficient stakeholder management.
C. Main activities:
• Supports the Digital Transformation Office in executing data analytics proofs-of-concept and projects with Airbus Defence and Space and Airbus Group organizations.
• Performs hands-on work to build integrated data sets, analyse data sources, and build compelling visualizations.
• Develop a broad knowledge based on the scope of the Airbus Defence and Space portfolio of business areas:
o Space Systems and Satellites.
o Secure Communications.
o Military Aircraft.
o Digital Security and Intelligence.
o Unmanned Arial Systems and Drones.
• Linked to projects and initiatives within:
o Commercial Aerospace.
• Candidate will be guided and mentored by experience Digital Transformation Office and other Airbus staff – focus on developing broader knowledge of Airbus, information systems, and business challenges.
• Presents results to project stakeholders, including business experts and middle management.
• Contribute to the creation of new ways of working and new data governance.
• Share his/her knowledge, contribute to driving change within the digital network, presentations and communications within the digital community, dissemination of best practices (patterns), etc.
• Improved business performance through understanding of data analytics and the impact on the business projects and ways of working.
• Stakeholder management.
• Communication, knowledge and best practices sharing.
• Active part of the data analytics network within Airbus.
E. Skills and Competences:
• Curiosity for data and data-driven decisions, interest in business or industrial problem solving, creativity.
• Understand the core business context and key drivers of Airbus Defence and Space division and to have a global view on the general environment of the company.
• Knowledge of the company products /solutions/ service portfolio characteristics.
• Understanding of Company activities, legal organisation, internal organisation…
• Excellent internal and external networking skills.
• Fluent English.
• Project management experience – deliver within an Agile framework concrete results or recommendations to an end-customer.
• Ability to understand data source structure and content, e.g., fields, data quality, ranges, volume, etc.
• Experience with data integration and management – combining independent sources to create a more complete view.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis, e.g., mean, standard deviation, correlations, etc.
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Java, Matlab.
• Experience using data visualization tools: RShiny, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
• Good communication skills – tell an effective story with the data.
• Good operational background in more than one area: for instance Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement / Supply chain, Support functions,…
• Capability to build up business cases and understand financial reports.
• Knowledge and understanding from digital technologies and related challenges.
• Familiarity with data analysis algorithms such as SVM, K-Means, etc.
• Understanding of big data system architectures, e.g., HDFS, Spark, etc.
• Experience working with unstructured data – text, images, video, etc.
• Aerospace business experience – marketing, sales, engineering, program management, etc.
• Team player : Collaborative mind-set and ways of working.
• Learning agility , Entrepreneurship & hacking mindset, independence of mind and innovative “out of the box thinking”.
• Personal resilience to challenge status quo.
• Demonstrated leadership capacity either across networks of hierarchical.
• Demonstrated ability & autonomy to do free-lance research.
• Excellent and adaptive communication with diverse audiences & skills: engineering, experts, data scientists, IT experts, business experts, exec management.
• Active listening skills.
• Sound understanding of team dynamics and the working environment.
See related AI ML Jobs