About the Mobimeo Engineering Team:
We are a growing engineering team of 50+ developing technology to solve major urban mobility challenges. From Navigation, Ticketing, to applying Machine-Learning and Data Analysis - we are on a mission to improve the way people move around our cities.
Our technology stack is versatile and we try to choose the right tools for the right jobs.
We run on the AWS cloud, using API Gateway, S3, Athena, Lambda, EMR, RDS, SES, EC2, CloudWatch, and other multiple services. All codified through Terraform (infrastructure as code) and Helm for Kubernetes Cluster that powers our Docker-Containers.
The different backend services are written in JVM technologies like Scala and Kotlin, while some of our used frameworks are Play!, Akka and Spring, we as well use third party tools like Kibana, Zipkin, StatusCake, Runscope, Datadog and Pagerduty.
Our frontend’s are written in Swift, Kotlin and for internal tooling in HTML5/CSS3/React.
Working in autonomous, cross-functional teams we believe in continuous delivery through high automation and DevOps culture.
- Lead and grow an engineering team that will take ownership of specific value streams
- Build digital mobility applications from the ground up and improve existing systems and integrations
- Manage and coordinate priorities/conflicts with Product Owners and other teams
- develop and execute mid & long-term technical vision for the team and contribute to the overall architecture
- Work alongside product managers, UI/UX designers and data scientists
- Grow senior engineers to leads and establish a well rounded feedback-cycle and reporting-lines with these
- Effective people manager who likes to remain close to code
- Extensive experience building applications in Java, Scala or Kotlin
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
- Interest in deploying machine learning based systems
- DevOps mindset - we automate everything
- Early stage - Build a product from the ground up
- Help create seamless travel experiences for tens of millions of users
- Stable - Backed by a leading German transportation company
- Develop a sophisticated product leveraging bleeding edge technologies
- Join a diverse and highly experienced engineering team
- Yearly personnel development budget
- Weekly team lunches as well as free drinks and snacks
- A highly collaborative, engineering driven environment
- Nice office space in Berlin Kreuzberg