The Music Recommendations team is responsible for powering core Apple Music features such as personalized mixes (New Music Mix, Chill Mix, Favorites Mix, Friends Mix), For You on Apple Music, algorithmic radio, similar artists, as well as the Siri based musicologist service. We are looking for a top-notch engineer to help build systems that power the next generation of cutting edge products in the music recommendations and machine learning space.
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language.
- Strong data structures, algorithms, and OO software design and implementation skills
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Kafka
- Experience developing large-scale web-based services and applications
- Experience working with a key value store (Redis, Cassandra, Voldemort, etc)
- Previous experience serving scientific models at scale a plus
- Previous recommender systems, data science, and/or machine learning experience a plus
- Ability to juggle a high workload and multiple responsibilities
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- Know your way around a Unix command line environment
The Apple Media Products Music Discovery Services team is looking for a world-class engineer to build and improve some of the core features in Apple Music and the iTunes Store. The Music Discovery Services team is responsible for products such as iCloud Music Library, Apple Music playlists, Radio, personalized mixes like the Chill Mix, Favorites Mix, etc., Recommendations, Siri based musicologist, and many other personalized and cloud features of the iTunes Store. This position is for a Application Engineer within the Music Recommendations team. You will design and build scalable server-side recommendations services powering products that impact millions of devices and for millions of customers. You will work closely in collaboration with other world class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to deliver cutting edge features that implement state-of-the-art algorithms and techniques. If you are driven by creatively solving complex engineering and algorithmic problems at high scale, then we are looking for you!
BS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience, MS or PhD preferred.