We are looking for a Senior AI Programmer to to become a member of the CRYENGINE team at our studio in Frankfurt, Germany.
You would help us to maintain and improve our AI code and the systems to support it.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive engine solution with high performance and a modular design that is easily accessible by users.
- Maintain and extend the existing AI framework and tools for use in internal and external projects.
- Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to improve the AI system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design new functional and engaging features and integrate them with existing AI as well as physics and animation systems.
- Research the latest techniques in game AI to make believable characters.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, profile, optimize and document your implementations.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- 5+ years of programming experience in game AI development.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent programming skills in C++.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Experience with standard AI technology (finite state machines, behavior trees, pathfinding, goal-oriented behavior, rule-based systems, learning etc.)
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Experience with AI development for game engines.
- Experience with multi-player games.
- Experience with scripting languages (such as C# or Lua).