Software Engineer, Cloud Machine Learning
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Large Scale Machine Learning experience.
- Graphics Processing Unit programming experience.
- Exposure to Deep Learning, Neural Networks, or related fields and a strong interest and desire to pursue them.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The goal of Cloud Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is to innovate and deliver the best Artificial Intelligence (AI) tech to impact the world via Google Cloud. We're developing Cloud AI on Google Cloud Platform in close partnership with a number of teams across the company. Cloud is one place where data, computing and algorithms converge!
We have a broad array of problems to solve - from applied machine learning problems, to core machine learning platform, to advanced machine learning APIs, to Machine Learning Advanced Solutions Lab to help business to solve their complex problems, to deep cloud integration, to help simplify machine learning, make it more pervasive and grow the user base to include data engineers, data analysts and application developers - comprising of both cloud users, and Googlers for internal machine learning workloads running on Cloud.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Participate in cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems.