As the industry leader in turning machine learning into answers for the massive construction industry, we have invested heavily in innovation, and we’re passionate about helping customers and using our state-of-the-art Machine Learning tools. As
We’re looking for a motivated VP of Engineering to join and lead our team of developers and data scientists. The candidate will lead our engineering efforts for the AI / ML solutions we are building for the construction industry. This includes developing deep technology capabilities, such as machine learning linked to automated, real-time action, which can be used in construction data.
You drive product creation, scaling existing solutions, as part of a collaborative, cross-domain product group and understand the challenges within large companies.
You have a history of experience leading engineering teams across multiple, large-scale business or consumer product units.
You know how to build and improve engineering groups that work on a spectrum of new and creative market-defining products.
Immersing yourself in the territory of new markets excites you.
Core traits we expect Engineering Leaders to embody:
You are a hands on coder who leads a team by example
Focused on solving customer problems and adding value for customers.
Data-driven methods to inform decisions about products, technology, and teams.
Substantial ownership of outcomes and ability to cultivate this trait.
Experience leading teams in a high cadence of development and strong operational practices
Recruiting and retaining teams, of engineers
Core responsibilities include:
Build and develop an exceptional engineering team that delivers with velocity and quality.
Develop key internal relationships with executive members, Vice Presidents, peers, and external colleagues.
Craft and execute best-in-class product development processes.
Work with partners on product, technology, and team innovation.
Developing essential and innovative platform capabilities for both for Security Market products, and other products at Briq
Masters or PH.D or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
We believe diverse teams embody our values and achieve the best results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. This position would be based in either San Francisco or San Jose. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Briq is creating the technology to break down the data silos entrenched in construction, infrastructure, and real estate. We are giving society better tools to improve how, why, for whom we build. Our clients are among the largest builders in the world; they’ve built the infrastructure you drive on, they’ve designed the cities you live in, and they are hungry for better and smarter data.
As leader of our dev team with particular focus on ML/AI team, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop our industry leading Machine Learning and AI models and code
- Ensure our Machine Learning models and code are successfully deployed into production
- Design architecture for applications using our models and code
- Identify Key Performance Indicators for your code and work with the ops focused team member on setting up alerts, monitoring and remediation for those services.
- Collaborate with Product Team on ideation and timelines as well as guiding the Product Team on which requirements are hard and which ones are easy.
- BONUS: Experience working in the built environment, construction, or real estate software industry
Perks and Benefits
- Market-competitive salary, with bonus, equity, and relocation assistance
- Based in Santa Barbara, CA
- Flexible working hours
- Equity Compensation in fast growing company
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for full-time employees